No excuses, no matter how old you are

Now if this doesn’t motivate you, then nothing will!

No excuses, indeed!

Keep the faith,

Oak Ridge, Tenn.

P.S. If you enjoy fast-paced books, you just might like my works. “Sold Out” tracks the life of a legendary Marine Sniper after a CIA unit decides to kill him for reasons of national security. “Little Man, and the Dixon County War” tells the uphill fight a young deputy faces after surviving three years of war only to find himself in the sights of a mighty cattle baron. And “Soldier On,” a short novel, follows the lives of several German soldiers in a depleted infantry company trying to make it through the final, miserable months of World War II.

13 thoughts on “No excuses, no matter how old you are

1. David Crowe 02/08/2014 / 8:48 am

Thanks Stan. I needed the motivation this morning. Tell your lovely wife howdy. David

• Stan R. Mitchell 02/08/2014 / 9:21 pm

Will do, David! And glad the photo helped provide some motivation this morning!

2. Tom Johnson 02/08/2014 / 9:12 am

hahaha
    If I could do that, I would need a chiropractor to get out of it (LOL). Good for him. I’m content to singing, “Just me and my rocking chair!” today.

• Stan R. Mitchell 02/08/2014 / 9:28 pm

I hear ya there. I will say I’ve been working more and more on my flexibility and stretching and it really does seem to make you feel stronger and even happier. (Like action meditation, when you’re doing it.)

Just remember, he didn’t start there. You got to start somewhere. So, tomorrow, sing the song twice and add 10 percent to whatever physical activity you’re able to do! Let’s go, soldier. Get some!

3. njengland@comcast.net 02/09/2014 / 1:04 am

Jumpin’ crud, I couldn’t do that when I was 20. Why should I now? I don’t know that many osteopathic surgeons (other than Paul Spray, and he’s retired). Nancy

4. Britt Skrabanek 02/13/2014 / 10:32 am

Wowza! That is incredible. I plan to do Yoga until I’m six feet under. No excuses.

• Stan R. Mitchell 02/13/2014 / 9:07 pm

I’m with you there, though mine is more Shaolin Kung Fu stretching — though I swear their similarities are scary…

• Stan R. Mitchell 02/16/2014 / 3:00 pm

Yeah, it really is. And it’s kind of embarrassing how we get in the West… (Health and fitness wise. Wait until you see this other post I have planned of an American 70 year old!!!)