This post is something I’ve been meaning to start up on a regular basis.
As my regular readers know, I’m always trying to combat the cynicism (and frankly darkness) that mostly consumes our country (and world?).
And Twitter, for all its faults, provides a decent daily nourishment if you know where to look. And since most of you probably aren’t on Twitter, I thought I’d share some pretty good Tweets from the past week. (As well as just a few that may be newsworthy, but something you didn’t see.)
Hope they encourage you or make you think, as well!
(Legend: RT= Retweet, or repeating another person’s tweet. MT=ModifiedTweet, or modifying — usually shortening — a tweet.)
@Zen_Moments: It’s not the wind that blows, but the set of your sail that determines your destination. ~ Jim Rohn
@ao_Buddha: The Seven Limbs of Enlightenment are mindfulness, curiosity, vigor, joyous zest, tranquility, meditation, and an even mind.
- It’s sad that I’m 36 and still struggling with this… RT
@MotivatedGirls: You need to love yourself before someone can love you.
- Be strong, my friends! Tackle your problems.
- RT: Business competition can be nasty. But the alternative is usually worse.
@Neil_Irwin on Uber-v.-Lyft: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/28/upshot/ubers-secret-agents-was-poaching-from-lyft-unethical.html?rref=upshot&abt=0002&abg=0 …
- Remember: “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence.” T. Roosevelt
@DanielGennaoui: #streetart pieces that seem to come to life http://bit.ly/streetartlovers
- Kurds can’t beat ISIS — http://ow.ly/AJDbU
- Stephen King’s “Read a lot. Write a lot.” should be “Read a lot. Write a lot. Edit more.”
- China continues to get more aggressive. Latest example: “Chinese Warplane Intercepts U.S. Jet” — http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/08/22/chinese-warplane-intercepts-u-s-jet.html …
- Encourage and support those around you. Especially those who are just getting started in the pursuit of their dreams.
- U.S. Army Veteran Killed in Ukraine — http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/08/22/u-s-army-veteran-killed-in-ukraine.html …
@starsandstripes: Combat controller receives Silver Star for 13-hr Afghan firefight http://www.stripes.com/1.299081
- RT @ivancano29 I don’t think you understand, these boys killed my dog. – Bob Lee Swagger
Keep the faith,
Stan R. Mitchell
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
About me: My name is Stan R. Mitchell and I’m an action fiction author with books similar to Vince Flynn, Stephen Hunter, and Tom Clancy. I’m also a prior infantry Marine with Combat Action Ribbon, and a guy who spent 10+ years in the news business, working as a reporter, editor, and publisher. I write every chance I get and I’m far too ambitious for my own good. Please consider subscribing to my blog for email alerts or taking a look at some of my action books.