“Mexican Heat (Nick Woods, No. 2)” has arrived…

Finally, it has arrived!

Mexican Heat (Nick Woods, No. 2)” is live and up for sale on Amazon! (This is the follow-up/sequel to “Sold Out.”)

So, buy it, tell your friends about it, share it on facebook, and go yell at that neighbor across the street. Tell him, too!

Book Description:

Nick Woods is tired of waiting. America’s greatest sniper has spent the better part of two years up in the mountains of Montana, waiting for the government to double-cross him and try to come get him.

Cover_Mexican Heat - SmallHe has good reason to be wary. The government has betrayed him twice already, but Nick’s a hard man to kill.

And just waiting in isolation, with his wife Anne gone, and his paranoia at dangerous levels, is killing him, day-by-day.

And so Nick ventures out. Carefully, like Nick does everything.

But what Nick doesn’t know is that the Mexican government stands on the verge of complete collapse.

A brilliant madman has united the drug cartels into a deadly alliance, and the Mexican President holds a perilous grip on power.

Now, Mexico’s leading businessman — a multi-billionaire who owns much of the country — is about to exit the country, selling off his businesses and taking his capital out of the country.

Such a move would lead to an exodus of other businesses and just like that, America would face one of its largest catastrophes in recent times: a third world country on its borders, run by a drug cartel whose reach spans from South America into deep within the United States.

America has already sent special forces to deal with this cartel, but that proved a catastrophe.

The country needs Nick Woods again, and it needs him now.

Hope you guys enjoy this book half as much as I enjoyed writing it!!!

Keep the faith,

Oak Ridge, Tenn.

About me: My name is Stan R. Mitchell and I’m an action fiction author with books similar to Vince Flynn, Stephen Hunter, and Tom Clancy. I’m also a prior infantry Marine with Combat Action Ribbon, and a guy who spent 10+ years in the news business, working as a reporter, editor, and publisher. Please consider subscribing to my blog or taking a look at some of my books.

10 thoughts on ““Mexican Heat (Nick Woods, No. 2)” has arrived…

1. njengland@comcast.net 08/30/2014 / 5:24 pm

Stan, I’ve been looking forward to Mexican Heat and now it’s out, but I really want a print edition. When will that be available? Nancy

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/30/2014 / 5:31 pm

I don’t truthfully know, Nancy.

My job ends Sept. 30 — the funding grant ceases — so I’ll be all-out on job hunting and working on some on-the-side consulting work in the short term.

I’ll try to get the paper edition out before too long.

Thanks!

2. T. W. Dittmer 08/30/2014 / 5:26 pm

The only reason I turned the computer on today was to check if Heat was up.

Going for it now, man.

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/30/2014 / 5:32 pm

Tim,

You know how to make a man’s day. BTW, you’re mentioned in the back. (Sorry…)

And I’d love to include your military rank/unit/years served, if you’ll let me.

Liked by 1 person

3. Letizia 09/01/2014 / 1:04 pm

Just bought it Stan! Congratulations again on getting it out there!

• Stan R. Mitchell 09/01/2014 / 11:52 pm

Letizia,

Thank you. And thanks for all the promotion on Twitter… Wow. Don’t even know what to say. Am humbled beyond measure…

I hope you enjoy the book, and you’re in a little trouble because I never even knew you had read “Sold Out!”

• Letizia 09/02/2014 / 7:48 am

You think I’d be blogging friends with someone and not read their book – shame! 🙂 But also shame on me for not telling you I read ‘Sold Out’. Sorry about that, I was sure I had. I read so much and between that and well, life, I sometime forget to do things. Namely, thank authors for writing good books!

Hope you had a good Labor Day weekend and enjoy this week.

• Stan R. Mitchell 09/02/2014 / 1:50 pm

Honestly, I just assumed it was a book you wouldn’t be interested in! lol

Your literary tastes are more defined than mine! : )

I’m just stoked a big shot professor such as you apparently enjoyed it and bought its follow up!!!

(And there the whole time I thought it was just my charm you were coming around here for…)