Huge news for the Mitchell household!

Hey guys!

I wanted to share some great news with you all! Thanks to your all’s tremendous job spreading the word about my books, I recently signed a deal with Audible to publish my books as audiobooks!

They were specifically interested in the Nick Woods series (Sold Out, Mexican Heat, and Afghan Storm), as well as an option to the fourth book.

For those that don’t know, Audible is owned by Amazon and is the world’s largest downloadable audiobook store. We recently completed signing the contract and I can’t tell you how pumped I am about this deal!

No. Like, REALLY pumped!!!

This is a chance to get Nick Woods into a new market, as many audiobook readers are pretty exclusive to that format. As one friend told me, “I don’t have time to read your book. But I listen to audiobooks every day on my drive to work. When will your books be available in audio?”

I don’t currently have any details on a timeline for when the books will be available, so stay tuned for details on that.

But before I let you all go,  I wanted to thank each and every one of you for your encouragement and support. This has been such an amazing journey, but it’s not exactly been an easy one. And there were so many times that your all’s comments to my blog posts and assistance in spreading the word has proved more valuable than you could ever know.

So thank you, each and every one. You are truly members of Mitchell’s Militia, and let’s keep spreading the word about Nick Woods. He’s got a lot more wrongs to right, and quite a bit more growing to do. (Don’t we all?)

Believe me! I can’t wait to share with you the story arc that Danah and I have planned for his character, as well as the others involved with Shield, Safeguard, and Shelter (S3)!

And seriously, if you have some small dream you’ve been suppressing or ignoring or barely feeding, will you please be inspired by my news and read (or re-read) this post:  Find true happiness: announce your dreams to the world today. I firmly believe you owe it to yourself and your family to pursue that dream.

All right. Done preachin’. (At least for today.) lol

Thanks, guys! I’m indebted to you all!

Keep the faith,

About me: I write military action books similar to Vince Flynn, Stephen Hunter, and Tom Clancy. I’m also a prior USMC Sgt with Combat Action Ribbon, and a guy who spent 10+ years writing every day in the newspaper business — 9 of them with a newspaper that I started. Please consider subscribing for email alerts — I mostly post about things that either motivate or inspire you.

35 thoughts on “Huge news for the Mitchell household!

1. Rob Mitchell 08/07/2015 / 12:44 pm

Congratulations brother, I LOVE to write as well but have never had the discipline to actually sit down and do it. What i also struggle with is severe ADHD. This makes it extremely difficult to stay along a specific storyline. I would LOVE to find a way to maybe collaborate on a book with you one day. I have some pretty awesome ideas. Let me know if you would ever be interested. Much love brother, be safe.
    Rob

Liked by 1 person

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/07/2015 / 9:50 pm

I think your making huge strides already on your writing and ability to focus, and let’s talk offline about writing sometime.

Thanks, brother!

Liked by 1 person

2. Angie G. 08/07/2015 / 1:47 pm

Um…WOOOOOWWWWW…that is all.

3. Nancy England 08/07/2015 / 4:07 pm

Stan, I”m really aching with pride for you and Danah! Your tires have hit the road and you’re off on your Great Trip. And I’m delighted to be a passenger. You know I always had faith in you and your talent. It’s about time you got a shot of glam! Nancy

Liked by 1 person

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/07/2015 / 9:52 pm

“You know I always had faith in you and your talent.”

You have! I’ll definitely hand you that! : )

Hope you’re doing well!

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/07/2015 / 9:54 pm

Thanks, brother! I’ve got even more pressure to stay ahead of you! lol

4. Bruce 08/07/2015 / 10:07 pm

That’s great news, remember the good times must be mixed in with the bad
    times. If not, how would you know the difference.

Liked by 1 person

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/08/2015 / 2:17 pm

That’s so true, Bruce. I’m hoping I’ve been through enough bad the past few years to tide over for a bit longer! : )

If not, I’m a persistent plodder, so I’ll push forward same as you’ve been.

Semper Fi, my brother.

Stan

5. OldGyrene 08/08/2015 / 7:11 am

Stan – well deserved and great news for others too.
    When you announced your intention to focus full-time on your writing, I was excited for you – but concerned. Writing is such a competitive business that making a breakthrough/breakout barely registers on the ‘possible’ meter. Some dead white guy used to say that ‘perseverance is omnipotent’, and clearly you have borne that out.
    I always carry audio books on my road trips and will look forward to getting these.
    OG
    PS – hope you can get Will Patton as your narrator. He does the best Southren accent (mild) in the business.

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/08/2015 / 2:18 pm

Oh, I’ve been absolutely as nervous and realistic about the chances as well. But I know a Marine who lives down the road in a city nearby, who owns an M14 and probably wouldn’t mind me bunking in a spare room for a while… : )

• OldGyrene 08/08/2015 / 5:14 pm

Heh!
        Well, at least a poncho liner and a spot in the nearest tree line.
        Got some leftover Ham & Lima Beans that will fill you right up.
        🙂

Liked by 1 person

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/10/2015 / 10:05 am

Hell, we’ve both done with a lot worse! lol

But, let’s just keep this as a worst-case scenario. : )

6. Linda Daniels 08/08/2015 / 10:42 am

Great news!! Congratulations!! I love Nick . Will look for the two new books, didn’t know they were out yet. Again, enjoy reading your blog and look forward to them. You encourage us all.

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/08/2015 / 2:28 pm

Oh, thanks, Linda! And the two aren’t out yet. Third one should be in a couple of months, though!

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/08/2015 / 2:30 pm

Thanks, love! And thanks for the RT! You know, I’d marry you if I wasn’t already married, and you weren’t already married, and if you didn’t live on the west coast, and…. Oh, never mind! I think you rock!!! : )

(And where the hell is that damn Letizia at?! lol) We’ll just have to see if she sees this! lol

Liked by 1 person

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/08/2015 / 7:54 pm

Actually, I’m an idiot… lol

I forgot that she had already tweeted about this! SMH…

7. llamaladysg 08/08/2015 / 5:42 pm

Congratulations on your success as a writer and the great news about your Audible deal! (Though I still miss the Oak Ridge Observer.)
    Regards, Susan

Liked by 1 person

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/10/2015 / 10:07 am

Sometimes, I still miss it, too, Susan! But I still shudder sometimes to think how risky it was owning a paper, and how in the world I had the nerve to not back down from some pretty major players.

I’m proud of what we did, but I sure sleep a lot easier now. Me thinks you can relate to every word I’ve said… : )

8. davidstanley11 08/10/2015 / 7:43 pm

Great news Stan! I am so excited for you and Danah! Thanks for the update! Blessings David p s You are truly an honorable man and I admire you!

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/11/2015 / 11:14 am

Hey, Dr. Stanley!

Great to hear from you! And thank you for your kind words!

Believe me, if I’m ever half as honorable as you, I’ll probably be doing okay. : )

I still remember people voting for you in that Charter Commission race back in like 2004, if memory serves me correctly, who said they didn’t necessarily agree with your views, but they trusted you to study the issues and do the right thing. That’s high praise, indeed!

And there’s no point admiring me! I’m chasing your legacy of love and generosity! (Giving a house away?! Are you kidding me?!)

Anyway, hope you and your lovely wife are doing well! I may have to rent your back porch at some point for writing inspiration!

Sincerely yours,
      Stan

9. LCpl_X (@LCpl_X) 08/11/2015 / 2:47 am

Good stuff, Stan. Will you be expanding your stories to cover, Africa or Asia?

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/11/2015 / 11:18 am

Great question, brother! And I’m not sure. We’re just pretty sure of the character arcs, know what I’m saying?

Next book will be Iraq/Syria, dealing with ISIS.

You have any great suggestions for after that?!

Thanks, brother! Really appreciate the support and friendship.

10. Joe Jackson 08/20/2015 / 12:49 am

go get ’em, stan, way to go!!

• Stan R. Mitchell 08/20/2015 / 1:13 pm

Thanks, Joe!!! Hope you’re doing well and conquering your own mountains!