Author Mark Allen interviews me, and tosses some tough questions my way

Author Mark Allen interviewed me earlier this week. He asked me everything from what brought me into the action fiction genre to what I say to those who claim the genre glorifies violence.

Definitely some great (and tough) questions. The interview is located here.

Big thanks to Mark for the interview. He’s an amazing writer, and I’m lucky to have crossed paths with him.

Keep the faith,

Oak Ridge, Tenn.

P.S. Please consider subscribing for email alerts of new posts.

If you enjoy fast-paced books, you just might like my works. “Sold Out” tracks the life of a legendary Marine Sniper after a CIA unit decides to kill him for reasons of national security. “Little Man, and the Dixon County War” tells the uphill fight a young deputy faces after finding himself in the sights of a mighty cattle baron. And “Soldier On,” a short novel, follows the lives of several German soldiers in a depleted infantry company trying to make it through the final, miserable months of World War II.

17 thoughts on “Author Mark Allen interviews me, and tosses some tough questions my way

1. Nancy England 07/29/2014 / 6:57 pm

Congrats on the interview. It defines a side of you that I had not imagined.

• Stan R. Mitchell 07/29/2014 / 9:55 pm

Hah! Not sure how to answer that, but hopefully even with the new side, you’re still a fan! lol

2. Bruce 07/29/2014 / 7:58 pm

So when he asked you, What do you consider to be the best action novel ever written? You should have said, it has not been written yet. The greatest action novel or the greatest novel have yet to be done.

But I hope to be the one who writes them.

• Stan R. Mitchell 07/29/2014 / 10:02 pm

Hah! Brillian answer, Bruce! lol

I need to make you my publicist!

S/F, my friend.

• Stan R. Mitchell 07/29/2014 / 10:04 pm

Aye, aye, War Dog! (Been doubling the editing pace. And cover has been begun. Launch date for Mexican Heat should be two weeks!)

• Stan R. Mitchell 07/29/2014 / 10:05 pm

Thanks, Stacy! (BTW, you officially become a member of Mitchell’s Militia on Monday. I decided that fact unilaterally. And it’s only a lifetime commitment. No pressure. lol)

3. T. W. Dittmer 07/29/2014 / 8:42 pm

Good job, Stan. Some real words of wisdom, man.

I’m listening. Taking notes. Learning.

• Stan R. Mitchell 07/29/2014 / 10:13 pm

You’re too kind, Tim.

And slow. Too slow. (Yes, I’ve decided I’m going to turn into a complete asshole until you do what you know you need to do.)

So… Would you please republish your book soon? Like, tomorrow maybe?

(And hey, part of it is self-interest. Both to re-read it. And to use you as a back-up plan in case I don’t make millions. I figure when you do, which you will, I can guilt trip you for a pretty penny or two. And you know I’ve bugged you enough that your formerly rock-hard Army heart will feel sympathy for the silly, delusional dreamer from East Tennessee… And it’s at that point that you’ll send some dough my way…)

• T. W. Dittmer 07/29/2014 / 10:35 pm

The book is coming, man. I like it more than I did before. Maybe I’ll buy lots of copies. 🙂

• Stan R. Mitchell 07/29/2014 / 10:37 pm

Oh, great! Glad you like it even better. Hell, it was good before. Can’t wait to see the finished project.

Say, end of the week?

4. Jim Stelling 07/29/2014 / 9:50 pm

When you call me shorty–Say mister, my friend–Or maybe you’ld rather
    be dead.